Wednesday, November 16, 2011

Weekly Email

Hi Mom,

Just a quick update since I didn't write last weekend.

Friday night we had a fun outing with the Lietz's.  We went to Noodles and Company for dinner and then to Fairview High School's musical production "All Shook Up" based on Elvis Presley music.  It was really fun and so well done.  They always do an amazing job.

I guess Colorado was the better of the two lousy football teams on Saturday (CU 48 UofA 29).  It was windy - 75 mph winds!  Missouri had an upset win over Texas.  The real football talk around hear has been the Denver Broncos and Tim Tebow.  You can't go 5 seconds without hearing "TEBOW" - love him or hate him.  I didn't watch any football this weekend.  I've kind of been following the beginning of college basketball.  KU lost last night to UK.

It was Theresa's birthday weekend and she wanted to go to IKEA.  What an experience.  It's huge - kinda like the disney land of modern furniture.  They funnel you through a specific traffic pattern and dump you out in the gift shop :-0  Afterwards we went to Buffalo Wild Wings and pigged out (so much so that i was kinda sick later in the evening).

6351883570_c1f6b2fcb2.jpg6351882466_d2ffcc8e11.jpg

Sunday was a fun Sunday at Calvary.  It was pledge card Sunday for the Building Fund drive.  They had a special extended music worship time with the band and a praise choir.  I played in the band and Theresa and Megan sang in the choir.

Megan went to school with Chloe on Monday morning to shadow her.  Getting a feel for High School.  She'll have to decide between Boulder High as her home school or open-enrolling at Fairview.  I think she's leaning towards Fairview.

Monday night I didn't go to BSF so I could hang with the girls on Theresa's actual birthday.  She's sporting a brand new iPhone 4S as her main present.  Along with lots of cards, money, flowers, lunches, dinners....  I think she was feeling special :-)

We went to pick up our 'pilot' car last night.  It's a yet-to-be-release Toyota Prius that is a combination plug-in electric/hybrid vehicle.  We get to drive it until January 17th.  I brought it to work today... averaging over 100 mpg.  It's kinda weird when it's running on battery only - it doesn't make any sound at all.  It will be interesting to see how the program goes.

prius_main.jpg

Well that's all I know for now.  I know I leave out lots of details - but it's amazing how quickly I forget what happened yesterday much less last week!

luv u,

Jeff

No comments: