Sunday, February 21, 2010

Weekly Email

Hi Mom,

Sunday evening.... already wishing I could take a snow day tomorrow! It's been snowing almost all weekend. I'd say we have about 7-8" right now. Snowy days are really making me look forward to Cancun. Lance and Jessica Wolleson are headed to Cancun too (in April a few weeks after we go). Jessica is on a major diet in preparation for the swimsuit portion of the trip. I think she's doing really well.

Getting to ramp up for the 'really big show' week. Megan's debut in Beauty and the Beast begins tomorrow with a show for the elementary school kids during the day. Then evening shows on Tuesday-Thursday nights. A lot of hard work has gone into this production. I think it will be exciting to see it all come together but also a bit of a relief when it is over.

Theresa and I had a nice evening Friday night. Both girls had a sleep over. So we were on our own - two boring little old people - watching the Olympics. Saturday night we were all in. Theresa and I rented "Couples Retreat" with Vince Vaughn on OnDemand for $4.99 (we were too lazy to even go out to the $1 movie box). I actually thought Couples Retreat was pretty good. It was in pretty strong support of marriage. Vince Vaughn can be pretty funny at times with his dry sense of humor.

I watched Missouri beat Texas on Wednesday night. Then they followed it with an easy win over Nebraska on Saturday. So I think they are at 20 wins and 3rd in the Big 12 now. A couple of steps closer to the NCAA tournament.

We've seen most of the big Olympic moments. Bode winning bronze, silver and gold. Lindsay Vonn winning a couple of medals. Apollo Anton Ohno winning 7 total over 3 Olympics to make him the most decorated Winter Olympian. Chad Hedrick, Shani Davis on the long track. Amman in ski jumping. Some 2 man bobsled and skeleton or luge. We watched a little bit of the ice skating - pairs, mens, ice dancing. Russia/Czech and USA/CAN hockey. But somehow I've totally missed out on curling - don't know how that happened.

Theresa took Dots in last week to have him weighed - he's lost 3-4lbs! in about 4 weeks I think. His goal is to lose 10lbs. So, he's doing pretty good.

Today is Mona Witthar's birthday. You can wish her a happy a birthday now via email - kwitthar@gmail.com.

I played on the worship team again this morning. That makes about 3 out of 4 weeks in the last month. I don't mind. I really enjoy playing. Everybody is so good - it's a just a privilege to play with that caliber of musicians and I think in the end it really is a powerful worship experience (if you like rock and roll :-) ).

That's all I know for know. Time to figure out dinner and cozy in for the evening.

Luv u,

Jeff

No comments: