Tuesday, February 9, 2010

We got your valentine package last night. Thx.

Just wanted to let you know I just finished reading my personally autographed copy of "The Extra Mile" by Pam Reed. I have a stack of books on my bedside stand that I am trying to whittle down. That was one of them.

It was a pretty good read. Fun hearing some of the Tucson details and reading about some of the other runners and races I'm familiar with. I was aware of her and had heard about her accomplishments before (2x Badwater Overall Winner as a woman is pretty impressive). I have a good friend who has done the Leadville Trail 100 several times. None of that sounds appealing to me at all. 135 mile races accross death valley, 200mi, 300mi, 500mi race - no thank you.

I think being an elite athlete means making a lot of sacrifices and pretty big ego. I'm not sure I like the personality type it takes to be that good (Lance Armstrong is in that category) - so I never quite connect when the book when they write their autobiography.

Luv u,

Jeff

No comments: