Sunday, February 7, 2010

Weekly Email

A few additions :-)

I played hooky from work on Friday - Theresa and I went to see Sherlock Holmes. It was pretty good. I was supposed to be skiing but the guy I was going with had a crick in his neck and couldn't make it. So, I just decided to take the day off anyway.

Chloe went to see Dear John on Friday after school. She came home with runny mascara eyes - I guess it was sad :-( She babysat first thing on Saturday morning at 7:45 am. I had a worship team meeting Saturday morning. Then we both came home to visit with Joy and Bobby Orf and their little one, Padraig. They had been in Ireland for a little while but are back now trying to figure out what to do next.

As Theresa said - she and I went to the CU vs. MU men's basketball game on Saturday. It was fun - I don't even remember the final score but it was around 20+ points. We left with 5 minutes to go. I guess CU was worn out from that overtime loss to KU on Wednesday night - that sure was a close one.

I watched Tin Cup and Everest this week on the DVD. I just kinda got sucked into Tin Cup w/Kevin Costner - I hate the way it ends. I actually watched Everest while running on the treadmill at work. It's the IMAX film that was shot the same year as the terrible storm that killed all those people (Rob Hall and team). John Krakauer's Into Thin Air book chronicled that story.

luv,

Jeff

On Sun, Feb 7, 2010 at 1:51 PM, Theresa Sherard <tsherard@comcast.net> wrote:
Here's the current batch of pictures of little Jacob (Shields)--weighing in at 4 lbs. 11 oz., making his own red blood cells, but still needing to develop some stronger lungs!

Good afternoon from snowy, cold Boulder, CO!
That darned groundhog saw its' shadow and here we go with 6 more weeks of winter! I much preferred our upper 40 degree days along with the bright sunshine earlier in the week. Grandma Shields said last Friday, 'enough is enough', she's ready for Spring! Amen, sister!
We are getting ready to go over to Jeff/Terry Markland's home for the annual Super Bowl party--he's famous for his hot wings and the rest of us bring along what sounds good. my Jeff is just now making Dolly's recipe of "Coon Balls" okay, I know that sounds funny, but apparently there is such a thing as Coon cheese (a sharp cheddar)--you mix up the grated cheese with hot breakfast sausage, bisquick and bake til golden brown. I think they're pretty good. What I like about them today is that HE is making them, not me! We'll leave here around 3.30 or so to make our way.
I'm finishing sewing up some curtains for the Beauty and the Beast set and a skirt for the 'enchantress' character (there is silver glitter all over the house from the material!) The curtains are just a quick zip for the casing to hang it on a dowel rod...easy peasey, or so I thought! Friday night, I must have been a bit sleepier than I thought--I ended up sewing through the tip of my thumb (sorry if that makes you squeamish!) Anyhoo, the good news is that the needle quickly went in and right back out before said needle broke off, but bad news is that the tip of my thumb is super sore! You can see the entrance and exit wounds! Gross!!!
Jeff will probably write family news later today, so I'm sure he'll fill you in about MU/CU men's basketball game yesterday. We whooped up on 'em. GO TIGERS! We proudly wore our Mizzou sweatshirts and cheered loudly amongst the buff fans!
Well, I'll close for now, we'll talk soon, I suppose--just not our regular 4pm Sunday chat. love you guys!
Theresa :-)

p.s. Jeff just said this is the weekly email...too tired after making Coon Balls ha ha ha ha

No comments: