Sunday, February 14, 2010

Weekly Email

Howdy,

Quick update. Same old busy week as usual - BSF, girl's night out, Chaos, music practice, play practice....

Theresa and I did get to go out for a Valentine's date last night. We had dinner at Pei Wei and then went to see "Up In The Air" with George Clooney. I actually liked it. I can see how you might have a little angst over the ending. It doesn't wrap up neatly - happily ever after.

I've started reading a new book called Touch The Top of the World by Erik Weihenmayer, the first blind climber to summit everest. It came with the DVD so I watch that first - amazing! If a blind dude can do it I think I could too - right? Anybody got an extra $60K to spare to get me to Nepal?

We've watched a bit of the olympics. The opening ceremony was fun. I came in late from work on Friday night (8pm) so I missed the broadcast of the We Are The World remake for Haiti. I also kinda dozed a bit at the end so had to rewind to see the torch lighting mishaps.

So far I watched long track speed skating with the Dutch skater Sven Kramer winning gold. I watch the Swiss ski jumper Ammann win gold. I saw the replays of Ohno winning silver after the Koreans wiped out. We watched a little bit of the luge - tragic that the one guy died in the practice runs earlier. Today I watched biathlon - crazy sport with cross country skiing and shooting. I also watched the Nordic combined event, jumping and skiing - americans in 2nd and 4th - first medal ever for USA in the event.

It's surprising about the weather in Vancouver. Not enough snow, rain, yuck. As opposed to the US - snow on the ground in 49 states yesterday (yahoo news).

We booked our spring break trip to.... CANCUN! everything just fell into place. NIce windfall from the Sun/Oracle deal closing, great airfare $340/ticket, and timeshare availability. We can't wait - Mar. 22-29. It will be here before we know it. February is already half gone.

Well that's all I know for now. Speak with you soon!

luv u,

Jeff

No comments: