Saturday, January 2, 2010

Weekly Email

Dear Mom,
Happy New Year!
I don't have much to report since my last 'thank you' email. But I'm trying to stay in the habit. It was one of my resolutions last year to write once a week. I went back and looked at my emails and I think I counted 34 'weekly' updates out of 52 weeks in a year. Not a perfect record but not too bad :-)
So far the theme of our New Year has been movies movies movies.
We dropped off the girls in Erie for baby sitting at 5pm on New Years eve and then raced back to Boulder to see whatever was showing next at the theater. Turns out it was Nine. It was good. I think I liked it more than Theresa did. Sure was a star studded cast. And they all did a great job with the singing and dancing. A little risque but not over the top. It felt a lot like Chicago or maybe even a little like Moulin Rouge. The movie filled the time perfectly and we raced back to Erie to pick the girls up at 8pm.
We picked up some party horns and confetti at the Rite Aide on the way home. We just watched TV (saw the ball drop in times square) and dozed until midnight. The girls were ready to roll and went crazy outside for a few minutes. And that was it. Off to bed!
Yesterday we did go see AVATAR 3-D at the early matinee. It was something else. I really liked it. Chloe enjoyed too. Theresa said it was better than she thought it would be. And Megan thought it was BORING! It was truly amazing visually with the animation and live actors intermixed and then 3D on top of that. Also the remote plantary world they created for the movie was spectacular with lush green forests, floating mountains, iridescent plants, strange creatures, etc. It was almost 3hrs long. The credits at the end were something else - the number of names involved in the making of the movie was endless.
Today was just chores and errands. I got the old computer all cleaned up and shipped it out to Ken and Mona today. It should arrive by next Wednesday. We just need to get them set up with high speed internet and they'll be ready to go.
Tonight we went off to Safeway to get a take-n-bake pizza and MORE movies. Chloe and I watched Transformers: Revenge of the Fallen with Shia Lebouf and Megan Fox. That was something else. We lost Theresa and Megan on that one. They disappeared to do other things. And right now the girls are watching Monsters vs. Aliens.
That's about all the movies I think I watch for a little while.
Tomorrow is church at 9am. And then just wind down a long weekend and get ready for a full week of work starting on Monday and BSF starts back up on Monday night. The girls don't have to go back to school until Wednesday [Megan is already getting worried and anxious about that]. Theresa is working hard on memorizing lines for her W2W monologue on Wednesday. I guess it's back to the real world :-(
Well that's all I know for now.
luv u,
Jeff

No comments: