Sunday, January 31, 2010

Weekly Email

Whew - gotta make it short and sweet tonight. I'm tired.

Same old busy week as always. BSF on Monday night, Theresa girl's night out on Tuesday, Theresa W2W Wednesday morning, Chloe youth group on Wednesday night, home on Thursday night, Theresa down to Grandma Shields on Friday morning and finally both girls had a sleepovers on Friday night.

BSF is going great - John 13 this week. It's gettin' serious now - Judas kiss!

The girls and I went to Noodles & Company on Tuesday when Theresa was with the girls. I love the trio there - whole grain Tuscan fettuccine, Parmesan crusted chicken and a side salad. I think Theresa went to Red Robin.

Chloe had a good time at the Calvary winter retreat last weekend. I think she was a little wiped out. I think she's still catching up on her sleep. She stays up too late and then comes home from school and crashes for a couple of hours. She had a sleep over at Natalie's Friday night and I'm sure they didn't get any sleep. They went to see "When in Rome". Chloe also had a babysitting gig this afternoon from 4-6pm. Busy busy girl.

Megan is still going strong with Beauty and the Beast practice. They are working really hard on the choreography and singning every day til 5:30pm. The show is still a ways out - February 24 & 25. She also had a sleep over at Clara's on Friday night.

I had another visit to the nutritionist on Thursday morning. We are just working on balancing out protein, fat and carbohydrates. I need to get a little more protein and soluble fiber in my diet. Also focusing on reducing cholesterol. I spoke to my doctor last week and we are going to try doing without the prescriptions for 3 months. So the pressure is on the diet to show results. I'll do blood work again on 3/15/10 and see how it turns out.

You'd think Theresa and I would have had a hot date on Friday with both girls out of the house. We did manage to make it to dinner at Applebees. But then straight home to bed after that.

I did watch President Obama's State of the Union speech. I was more concerned that the Republican response was preempting American Idol. I also watched Missouri beat up on Oklahoma State and Kansas play a close one against K-State yesterday.

Last night we got a couple of movies from the Red Box. The girls watched "The House Bunny" for the umteenth time and Theresa and I watched "Sugar" - about a baseball player from the Dominican Republic.

Church was great today. We finished a 4-week series on marriage today called Remodel. Megan went back tonight for her youth group they are having a fun time with a Survivor theme.

Okay - that's all for now. So long and good night :-)

Luv u,

Jeff

No comments: