Sunday, January 10, 2010

Weekly Email

Hi Mom,
Weekly update #2 for 2010. Full week back at work. That was a reality check after having a couple of lighter weeks (1 week off/1 short week). The girls dove back into school on Wednesday.
I can hardly ever remember what happened in the week when I sit down to write.
Monday night BSF - back into John 9. Good stuff. Tomorrow night I'm going out to dinner with the guys before hand. We are meeting at Tokyo Joe's at 5:30.
Tuesday was a night at home. Theresa didn't go to girls night out.
Wednesday Theresa did her monologue at W2W. Sounds like it went great. There were several positive comments on Facebook :-) I was down in Denver on Wednesday for the last session with Denver University - Daniels School of Business. It's always a great time. A whole day away from the office in an academic setting. The hard part is bringing it all back to work and applying it. It was really snowing good on the drive home. That was no fun - up through downtown Denver on I25/US36. Ugh - about 2 hrs to get home. If I had to commute on a regular basis I would be grumpy.
Thursday was also a night at home. I watch the BCS game between Texas and Alabama. I was sorry to see Colt McCoy get knocked out. I wanted to see the best match up against the best and it just wasn't the same with that freshman QB in there for Texas. I didn't really care who won.
I had a physcial Friday morning just as a regular checkup. Everything except my cholesterol was fine. The Dr. wants to add another drug (zetia). And I'm going to see a nutritionist to see what we can do about diet. I'm also going to get one of those 3D heart scans. It's not covered by insurance and will run about $400 but I think it's probably worth it. (the nutritionist isn't covered by insurance either).
Megan had been to see the Dr. earlier in the week for a cough that she can't shake. It still wasn't gone by Friday so she went back and had a chest x-ray to just be sure it wasn't pneumonia or anything. Everything came out clear. But the Dr. did prescribe some albuterol inhaler meds to try to keep the cough down.
Friday night Chloe had a sleep over with Natalie (they had dinner at Red Robin and went to see Avatar again). Theresa, Chloe & Megan and I went out and rented some movies at the RedBox - The Taking of Pelham 1,2,3 and Kit Kittridge; American Girl. We were all so tired that we couldn't even make it through any of them.
Saturday morning run/dog walk. Breakfast - egg sandwiches on biscuits. Errands down at the mall - return jeans, costco shopping and hotdogs, new watch battery, Old Navy.
Saturday night Clara came over for a sleepover. We finally watched Pelham 1,2,3 and they watched Kit Kitteredge. I thought our movie was pretty good. Denzel Washington and John Travolta (plus others). Lots of f-bombs.
Sunday morning church, return the movies, safeway, stop at the music store to pick up Megan's next trumpet book. Watched Kansas lose to Tennesee. Then tonight we had nachos and watched 17 Again with Zac Efron. I liked it. The girls had seen it before.
That's all I know.
Luv u,
Jeff

No comments: