Sunday, May 20, 2012

Weekly Update

Hi Mom & Dad,

You are at West Point for a few more days so I'm not sure if you'll get this right away.

It's the last week of school for the girls!  Wahoo.  I think they are both done on Thursday.  Megan has an awards ceremony on Wednesday night and then graduation on Thursday morning.

Once again we've had a strange mix of weather - cold and rainy one day, warm and sunny the next.  Boulder High graduation was yesterday.  Chloe went over to watch Corbin graduate.  For the most part they made through with only drizzle but i guess the last few graduates really got poured on.  From there it's been a weekend of parties.  We just got back from next door for Sarah Sandhu's party.

We went to Megan's 8th grade youth group graduation last night at the church.  It was really special.  They called each student up and the youth leader and their mentors said a few words and then the parents read a letter (I've attached Megan's letter).  Everybody has an amazing story.  We were there from 6pm (starting with a catered dinner from Noodles & Company) and it went to 10pm.

Church this morning - I played on the worship team.  That's always fun - I really enjoy it.  But sometimes I wonder if I'm getting too old for it :-(

I've been on call for the past week.  For the most part it has been quiet.  I did have to work Friday night from 8pm-12am for our regular maintenance window.  While I was working the girls all went to the mall and did some clothes shopping for graduation and party dresses.

This is the last week of BSF as well.  So, I guess summer is really here.

Tonight is big solar eclipse.  We have one set of glasses and we are just going to hang out at the house to check it out.

Safe travels home!

luv u,

Jeff

No comments: