Sunday, May 13, 2012

Weekly Email

HI Mom,

Happy Mother's Day! to the best mom in the whole world :-)

We are just finishing up church and Theresa is selling some fundraising cards in between services. Then we are going to IHOP for brunch and open some presents (Downton Abbey DVDs and a Magic Drinking Bird). 

We did a few errands yesterday and went to a couple of plant sales to fill our planter boxes. We've had lots of rain since last Friday. It's actually been kinda nice - cozy in & get the flowers watered. There was a little break in the weather yesterday where I got the grass mowed. The sun is starting to come out today. I put some more fertilizer on the yard and hung a wasp trap (we have soooo many buzzing around.  I also put the dividers in the planter and Theresa planted all the things we bought yesterday.


We've also watched several Netflix movies over last week. "The Great Gatsby" and "Into The Wild" were two books Chloe had to read for lit so we followed them up with the movies. Robert Redford almost 40 years ago - wow. And then "Into The Wild" is a little slow and hard to watch at the end.  We also watched "You Can Count on Me" with Mark Ruffalo, Laura Linney and Matthew Broderick - not very good.

Megan is healing up and getting back to practice. She was observing the week before and then started back practicing some this week. We got the emergency room bill yesterday - $1,995!  I don't think we owe much after insurance but that is amazing that it cost so much. No wonder our health care system is a mess. Unfortunately she missed a couple days of school in the middle of the week with a little stomach bug. 

Theresa was up at Estes Park for the staff retreat Tuesday over night and all day Wednesday. They had a good time.  The girls and I went to Noodles and Company for dinner and then took a quick drive up Flagstaff mountain.


I booked air tickets and a hotel for Kansas City for June 8-9th to head back for Ken and Mona's 50th. It will be quick but fun. 

I think there are only two more weeks of BSF left.  One more lesson tomorrow night and then the final pie social and sharing night next week.  We've covered a lot of ground - Acts, Hebrews, 1&2 Thessalonians, 1&2 Corinthians, Ephesians, James, 1&2 Peter and Jude.  It always good when the summer break comes around but BSF sure does make me study.  I'm also reading John Eldridge's new book "Beautiful Outlaw".  It's really good so far.  A pretty easy read.

My ribs are on the mend too.  Funny thing is my back really hurts now more so than my ribs - just from sleeping funny and carry my arm a little jigawarkardy.

The girls really appreciate the individual notes in the last letter you sent.  Thank you for that.  It meant a lot to them.

Have fun at West Point.  That sounds like it will be a great trip.  (I think you get Joe Biden for the commencement speaker - more fun than a barrel full of monkeys ;-\ )  The new camera sounds fun.  Take some good West Point pictures!

Well that's about it.  Back Sunday afternoon chores, homework and getting ready for the work week.  Only two more weeks of school!  Whew - I can't believe it.

Okay - I love you.  Happy Mother's day again.  I love you very much and am so grateful God blessed me with you for a mom :-)

Cheers,

Jeff

No comments: