Sunday, January 23, 2011

Weekly Email

Hi Mom (and Dad, and everybody else),

Another week gone by.  What to report in on.

Lots of sports this week.  I watched a bunch of basketball and some football.  Saw Arizona lose to #20 Washington on Thursday.  Watched Colorado lose to Nebraska and Oklahoma.  And most of Kansas losing to Texas and Missouri winning big over Iowa State.  I record a lot of it and fast forward through most of it - so, I'm not really watching TV 24 hours a day :-)  I saw some of the Packers vs. Bears football game today too.

On Tuesday I took Chloe to see Boulder High vs. Fairview boys basketball game while Theresa was at girl's night out and Megan was at youth group.  The game was at CU's Coors Event Center.  It was a lot of fun.  Boulder won by 30 points including a slam dunk.

The girls all went to see "Country Strong" on Friday night while Theresa and I went out to dinner at Laudisio with Chris and Marlys Leitz.  I had spaghetti carbonarra - which was fantastic.

Dots got a bath yesterday.  He needed it - pretty stinky!

229103373.jpg?AWSAccessKeyId=0ZRYP5X5F6FSMBCCSE82&Expires=1295829562&Signature=iQs8bXppg5JdtDSpETVVB1c3v8A%3D

Chloe, Megan and I went out driving for an hour yesterday.  Good practice - she's doing really well.

229201226.jpg?AWSAccessKeyId=0ZRYP5X5F6FSMBCCSE82&Expires=1295829503&Signature=4eCuntke4HTQpYvFHFcfJo7u%2B2s%3D

Church today.  Afterward Megan went bowling with some of her friends and one of the youth volunteers.  Theresa and Chloe did some grocery shopping.  I wrote a reference letter for the Britton's adoption dossier.  Other than that - taking it easy.  I rented "The Social Network" for our movie tonight.  I'm looking forward to it.

I've kinda been following Rep. Giffords recovery.  It's amazing her recovery so far.  But still such a long road ahead.  Theresa and I watched the NBC Nightly News with Brian Williams broadcasting live from Tucson a few nights ago.  They were moving Giffords from the hospital to DM to Houston.  It was cool to see everybody lining the roads for her.  And then they interviewed Suzi Hileman too.

I also watched fun raw footage on youtube of Michelle Obama surprising White House visitors:


That's about it for now.

luv u,

Jeff

PS I did finish "The Battle" by Arthur C. Brooks - interesting ideas.  It was a pretty quick read in the end.  Less than a 100 pages of content and good documentation and footnotes in the end.  I'm not sure what I'm going to read next.  Bethan Hughes sent me a book called "Bad Science" by Ben Goldacre and I've read the first chapter.

No comments: