Sunday, January 16, 2011

Weekly Email

Hi Mom (and Dad and everybody else),

Whew - the end of a busy week.  Cozied in for the night.  Probably going to watch Date Night on DVD as our evening entertainment.

We even had more on our plate than I knew.  Chloe went to the Winter Ball at Boulder High on last night.  Of course that involved dress shopping (which I conveniently skipped out on).  The girls all came over to our house early to prepare then I took them to the dance around 8pm.  She spent the night at Bryn's house and I picked her up first thing this morning for church.  It actually worked out well.

Winter%20Ball.jpg

Megan spent the afternoon at the mall with a friend.  Then they both ended up at our house for a sleep over.

I watch Mizzou lose again yesterday.  Terrible decision making once again at the end of the game.  It plagued them against Georgetown and now to lose a close one against Texas A&M - bummer.  I watched a little of the KU vs. NU game - that ended up being a close one.  And Colorado had a another good win against OSU (3-0 in the Big 12 for the first time ever).

I got a nice run in yesterday and a bike ride today.  The weather has been super warm.  It was 54F when I went out riding today.  A little sloppy with the melting snow but nice to be outside.  I'm fighting a little bit of a cold but I'm trying to sweat it out :-)

Theresa got sad news last week.  She was hoping for something more permanent at the church when one of the ladies retired.  But they ended up hiring someone else without even considering Theresa.  Ah - the politics of church :-)

We had fun at the Britton's poker benefit for their adoption on Friday night.  I'm not a very good poker player - but it was all for a good cause.  I think there around 50 people there.  And I don't know the total raised but I think it was over $2500 and then they had somebody matching it - so over $5000 raised probably.

Poker%20Night%20Fun.jpg

That's about all I know for now.  I didn't get a chance to talk to Steve on his birthday - just exchanged Facebook messages :-)  Sounded like he was out deer hunting then watching the KU b-ball game.

I just read the Rep. Gifford's status was upgraded from critical to serious.  That's good news.  I did watch the president's speech from Tucson.  I thought he did a good job.


I'm about 1/3 of the way through "The Battle" - it's hard reading for me.  He's not a big fan of the University of Colorado or  Boulder, CO in general is he :-)  But he does make some good points.  I believe in free enterprise.

Okay - that's really it.  Cya l8r.

Luv u,

Jeff

No comments: