Sunday, July 31, 2011

Weekly Email

Hi Mom,

Well my big news of the week is - fractured/bruised ribs!  On Wednesday morning, I did an endo on my mountain bike and landed hard on my bike.  The embarrassing part is that I was trying to bunny hop a curb and totally missed it - front wheel straight into the curb and me flying over the handle bars.  I was riding into work and managed to get back on my bike and keep going.  Then I had a flat half way in to add insult to injury.  I did make it work and was pretty sore.  I thought I could shake it off and went for another ride on Thursday morning (if the horse throws you - get right back on right?).  That didn't help at all.  By Friday afternoon I couldn't stand it at all - i would literally go to my knees in pain at times and couldn't breath.  So, it was time for a Dr's visit.  No spleen, kidney, liver damage - just ribs, which hurt worse of all.  After lots of ibuprofen, flexuril, and vicoden I can just about manage the pain.

I have a half-iron man triathlon next week :-(  We'll have to see how that goes.  I certainly couldn't do it today.  But maybe by next week I'll be healed enough that I can just do it at a leisurely pace.

Chloe has her new glasses now.  And Megan has a years supply of disposable soft contact lenses.

They both have filled their week with a mix of baby sitting, movies (Cars 2), shopping (school supplies), and just hanging out and sleeping in.

Theresa had a normal schedule of Tues-Thurs work at Calvary, Tues. girls night out and visiting with Grandma on Friday.  She's almost done with her book "The Help" - says it's getting really good now.

Work was a little crazy this week.  But it's good to have a job.  I've had two guys put in their resignation letters in the past week.  So, I'll be recruiting for 2 new positions to backfill them.

I've been following the debt debate a little.  I'm mad at them all - democrats and republicans.  It's just so much grandstanding and posturing - get on with it.  You know they will come up with an 11th hour deal.  It's all a mess.

Well that's all I know for now - and about all I can stand sitting and typing.

luv u,

Jeff

No comments: