Sunday, July 24, 2011

Weekly Email

Hi Mom,

Summer is flying by. I'd say we had a fun full week.

Cores, movies, swimming, shopping, sleepovers, playing for the girls.

Work, girls night out, visiting grandma shields for Theresa.

Work, workouts, stroke&stride, Tour de France for me.

We all went to the Rockies vs. Braves on Wednesday night. Franci gave
us free tickets down the first base line. Rockies won 3-2 in the
bottom of the 9th (of course we missed it 'cause we left early to beat
traffic :-)

I think I've watched at least some of everyday of the Tour. Yesterday
was the deciding day. Cadel Evans did the time trial of his life to
take the lead in the yellow jersey. He'll ride into Paris today as the
winner of the Tour de France. The first ever Australian to do so.

I had fun watching Darren Clarke win the open last weekend at the
Royal St. George in Sandwich, Kent. I think Theresa and I went there
in 1993 when Greg Norman won.

Yesterday was a great 60 mile bike ride with my friend Andy
Kellermyer. Trying to get ready for my half ironman triathlon in 2
weeks.

Both girls went to the eye doctor this week. Chloe ended up with
glasses for driving and school. Megan is now trying out contacts.

I finally got my permanent crown on Wednesday. It feels much better.
I'm still getting used to it but I think it will be just fine.

Megan got your birthday card! Thanks. And we got another letter a
couple of days ago. I really like the triathlon article from Men's
Health. I might use some of the tips in my coaching with Desra. The
911 article about Tucson's new system was interesting. Not surprising.
I don't think it's an Intrado system.

Theresa is reading 'The Help' right now and enjoying it. I want to see
the movie.

Well we are running out the door for church. Cya later.

Love,

Jeff

No comments: