Sunday, April 17, 2011

Weekly Email

Hi Mom,

Another week another update. 

Seems like the routine is much the same. 

I did get out for another bike ride today. Better results. I fixed my flat and made sure I had all the gear to survive any more mishaps. Spare tube, patch kit, tire irons, CO2 cartridges, pump, $20 bill - I had it all. I went with my good friend Andy Kellermyer too.  So the buddy method was in effect. Only problem was it was WINDY! 20-30mph. A 2-hour beating. 

I've also been running with Darren DeReuck and Boulder Striders getting ready for Bolder Boulder. Tuesday/Saturday workouts with the club. 

Then keeping up with my swimming. 

And finally coaching Desra. I do a weekly plan for her. 

Getting ready for triathlon season :-)

The rest of life is equally busy too.  Work is good but lots of meetings. 70% of my time blocked out by meetings. With no time left to do any real work. But glad to have a job given Steve's situation. I talked to him last week. He's hanging in there. 

Megan has been practicing and rehearsing for the talent show. She's doing good but really nervous about singing and playing guitar all on her own on the big stage. 

Chloe went to volleyball conditioning on Friday and spent the night at Ashley's. Megan also had a sleep over at Julia's house. So, Theresa and I had a night alone. We were so wiped out from the week that we couldn't even go out on a fun date. So, we cozier in with pizza, beer, and a movie. The worst movie movie ever - "Burn After Reading". It had so many big stars in it but it was sooooo bad. 

The girls all went to a baby shower yesterday afternoon for a friend of a friend. Then we all met up with the Brittons for dinner at Chilis. Their 6 and our 4 for a party of 10. It was fun. Afterwards we came home and watched the original "Arthur" with Dudley Moore and Liza Minelli. It was a little dated. And we couldn't even make it through. Lights out at 9:30pm. 

We just watched the Virtual Choir 1.0 and 2.0. That was very cool. There is a good talk by the composer from the TED conferences.

Theresa has been prepping for a talk on Tuesday night at a ladies group in Erie, sharing her story. She is also doing a knitting demonstration for W2W in a couple of weeks that she has been thinking about and preparing for. Other than that she's just doing her normal super-mom and wife impersonation too working two jobs, girls night out, cooking, laundry, getting girls ready for school and then some.

Well time for nachos and a Disney movie.

Luv u,

Jeff

No comments: