Sunday, October 10, 2010

Weekly Email

Hi Mom,

It's been a couple of weeks.  I skipped my birthday week last weekend.  I guess you were out hiking too.  We got the postcard.  And I got my Birthday card and money.  Thanks!  (I also got a nice card and check from Ken, Mona and Mandy - THX!).

We went to see Wall Street: Money Never Sleeps for my birthday last weekend.  Chloe had a cross country meet and Megan had a big weekend of babysitting (she made $130 over Friday night and Saturday afternoon).  So it was just Theresa and I.  Michael Douglas looked pretty good in it.  But I think his health is really failing fast.  Seems a long time from when you ran into him on a hiking trail in Tucson.

Last Sunday after church we did go over to the Britton's house (Aaron is the worship pastor at Calvary) for a small group/fellowship time.  We are trying to get connected with other families.  This one might work out.  It was directly after church and we were home by 4pm or so.  Better than the evening time for us.  We are off this week.  But I think back on again next Sunday.

The weeks fly by so fast I can hardly remember everything that happened (if I can even remember anything).  Maybe that's a sign of getting older :-)

It was pretty much a normal week.  BSF on Monday and Theresa Girls night out on Tuesday.  Theresa also worked on Tuesday and Thursday at Sports Solution.  She has several weeks in a row lined up at the church on Mondays coming up too.  I did get the word at work last week that would be no raises again in 2011 (second year in a row - bummer :-( ).  It's good to have a job but it's hard when you keep going backward.  Pay staying flat, cost of health care increasing every year and actual benefits going down.

This weekend Chloe went up to Fraser for the cross country retreat - just over Friday night.  I think they stayed at the YMCA there.  She got back last night in time to go see B.o.B. at the Boulder Theater.  She got home at midnight last night.  Busy little social bee.

Yesterday was chores.  Theresa worked really hard to get the house cleaned up.  We have a house guest from the UK on Tuesday night.  A friend of the Hughes.  He's a school teacher on sabbatical in the states just passing through.

I did watch MU vs. CU last night.  Missouri whipped up on them pretty good.  Fun bragging rights with all my Colorado buddies now.  Looks like AZ lost a close one.

Today is a cloudy, grey day.  Nice day to cozy in.  I checked out the Broncos getting beat.  Napped a little.  Getting ready for the work week.  I think Theresa is puttering around with laundry.  And the girls have been working on cleaning there rooms and a little home work.

Well - that's all I know for now.

Luv u,

Jeff

No comments: