Sunday, September 12, 2010

Weekly Email

Hi Mom,
Quick update...  it seems all I can remember is what happened over the weekend.  All of last week is a blur.  It was a holiday on Monday so a short school/work week.
The Fourmile Canyon fire started Monday and I think it's about 70% contained now.  Some folks got to go back to their homes yesterday (if they still had a home to go to :-( 160+ houses burned) but others are still evacuated.
Chloe baby-sat on Friday night.  I didn't get home from work until 9pm - too late.  Theresa (and Megan) went to the wedding reception for her 'gig'.  It sounded like it went GREAT!  I'll let T catch up with you on all the details.
Yesterday Chloe had the St. Vrain Cross Country Invitational meet in Lyons.  Theresa left the house at 7am with 3 girls.
Megan and I had to go our own way.  We headed out at 7:30am for Gleaning with COMPA ministries.  Picking fresh beans for 3hrs.  It was really cool.  We did it last year too.
Then we all regrouped at home - briefly.  Chloe was headed back out for a sleepover.  I had a few errands to run.  Then Theresa, Megan and I had Noodles and Company for dinner.  We watched a little of the US Open Tennis women's final.
Church today.  Chores this afternoon.  Shopping for new running shoes for Chloe's cross country training ($91 - size 7 1/2).  Megan and Clara had a playdate and ended up heading over to the YMCA for swimming.  Chloe is working on some studying with Desra right now.  Theresa is flitting about with Laundry.
I think it's just nacho dinner and cozy in tonight before the work/school week begins with a flurry tomorrow.
BSF starts tomorrow night.
I've been reading a pretty interesting book called The Irresitable Revolution by Shane Claiborne.  It'll make ya think.  It's along the lines of being the Church, community and what if we really did what Jesus said.  I can't say I agree with all of it but like I said, it does make you think.  The sermon today at church was about the beatitudes and 'blessed are the poor in spirit'.  It kinda tied into the book a little bit.
Well that's it for now.
I luv u!
xxoxoxoo
Jeff

No comments: