Sunday, September 26, 2010

Weekly Email

Hi Mom,

Busy week as usual.  Let's see how much I can remember.

Early in the week Theresa and I went down to south Denver for the 'free thyroid consult'.  It was very interesting to hear all the details and the diagnosis for Hashimotos.  I think she was right on with the exception of the $8,000 price tag for a 6-month program.  Ouch!  We decided to explore other options like review the data with our current doctor, schedule an appointment with a local endocrinologist, visit a nutritionist and do some research/reading on our own.

Thursday I had a team building day away from the office with my peers.  We went to the University of Colorado Challenge Course.  That's what all the pictures on the Ceiva are.  I really like the high ropes stuff.  Walking across a log 40 feet up in the air and climbing up an aerial jungle gym to 40ft.  Of course it's all supposed to translate back to the business world - teamwork, communication, planning, etc etc.  But I just had fun and it was a perfect day to be outside and away from the office.

This weekend was the Women of Faith Weekend for Theresa.  She had a good time but maybe it's run it's course having been so many years in a row.

The girls and I kept busy while she was away.  Friday night Megan, Clara and I picked up Chloe from the Boulder High after her cross country meet (she's still not running because of the shin splints).  We all went to Applebees for dinner.  Saturday morning we got up and did chores - cleaning the rooms, washing the dog, vacuuming.  Then we headed down to the mall for Chloe to return a few things then hours of shopping!  I mostly sat and read my book :-)  I snuck in a quick run as soon as we got home from the mall.  And Theresa finally got home at about 8pm exhausted.

We made a fatal mistake of bending the no sleepover rule on Saturday nights before Sunday church.  Megan talked us into letting Clara sleep over.  They set up a tent in the backyard.  Finally at about 2am I had to pull Megan out of the tent and send her up to her room for sleeping.  Girls and their giggling all night - oh brother.  Never mind promises of "We'll be quiet, We'll go to sleep early, We'll get up on time for church without whining or complaing".

Church today.  A mountain bike ride.  Some more chores, homework, laundry, bill paying.  And it's Sunday evening already :-(

The TV repair man came out on Friday afternoon.  He FIXED it!  Yeah.  It was $150 call out charge.  Turns out it was a bad fuse on the power supply board.  Simple little thing really.  Now that I've seen him repair it I could do it myself next time.  But it was tucked away in an obscure place.  So there was no way I could have figured it out on my own.  $150 well spent honestly.

Theresa's job search is continuing.  She has an opportunity to fill in at the church tomorrow while the staff is away on their Staff Retreat.  Then she is going down on Tuesday to check into helping out with this home based business with folks from our church.  We don't know them - thinking maybe they go out to the Erie campus.  It's some sort of sticker business where they've licensed sports teams logo.  Shipping, organizing, answering phones.

Several of the nursing home opportunities seem to be a bust.  Lots of training (at her cost), off hours and really low pay.

It would be great if some combination of helping out at the church and doing this homebased business help would be the answer.  But we are still praying about it.

School continues to be hard and challenging.  Megan is obsessive about straight As so she stresses herself out way too much and ends up hating school.  We have set rules with Chloe that she has to have Cs or higher and no missing assignments for her to be able to participate in social activities.  Right now she has a D in Spanish and Homecoming is next weekend.  She already bought her ticket and is looking forward to the dance.  But that is in jeopardy if she can't get the D up to a C.  She's going to retake a test on Thursday I think and see if that will do it.  I hope so - I really don't want her to miss out.

Well that's all for now.

Luv u,

Jeff

No comments: