Sunday, May 16, 2010

Weekly Update

Hi Mom!

This weekend hasn't been near as eventful as last weekend - fortunately! No hot water heater repairs.

We've just had a nice weekend around the house. Chloe had a friend sleep over on Friday night. Megan was bored. Typical stuff :-) The weather is perfect today. After a week of snow and rain ending up Friday night, and grey day Saturday - today has been nice.

We renewed our Netflix membership so we've watched several movies this weekend. Spirit of the Marathon - documentary about running - highly recommended if you ever get the chance to see it - even if you aren't a runner :-) We watched another movie called Goal II: Living the Dream - a soccer movie. And Brothers last night - that was a tough one. We also have The Lovely Bones and Pirate Radio still to watch.

Megan and Chloe have both been busy babysitters. Earning money! Megan had a job Saturday morning from about 9-11am and Chloe babysat from 5-10pm Saturday night. Chloe is really working hard to save up for a DSLR camera (a fancy $500 digital one).

Theresa has been working on the basement. Trying to tidy it up, get stuff collected for a garage sale, cleaning things out.

Tomorrow is the last night of BSF for me. It's been a great study in John this year. I'll be kinda sad to see it end. But it's always good to have the break over the summer. Next year is a new study on the book of Isaiah. I've signed up already to continue on in the fall.

I talked to Steve a couple of times last week. He still isn't sure when his current job will wrap up - depending on what the liquidators do I guess. I asked his advice on what I should do about Dotsero - the vet is recommending $2500 surgery to repair his back left knee (ACL). You can guess what Steve's advice was :-)

We are counting down the last days of school also - not even two full weeks left. The 27th of May is the last day! We sure are ready for a break from the routine. Chloe is still trying to squeak out a few grades (hold on to her C in Spanish and bump up her D to a C in Science).

I've put in for a couple of promotions at work. My boss is changing jobs and they are backfilling her slot with two Director level positions. I applied for both of them and we'll see how it goes. It's definitely a lot more responsibility (managing a team of 30 or 40 - compared to the 14 I have now). But I'm not sure how much more money (if any). It's a pretty big step and I really don't want to sell my soul to the company - Director feels like one step closer to that.

Well I think it's time for nacho dinner and maybe some more movies :-) or maybe an episode of Chuck. That's it for now.

luv u,

Jeff

No comments: