Sunday, April 18, 2010

Weekly Email

Hi Mom,

We survived the weekend without Theresa. And I think Theresa survived the women's retreat. She got home about 4:00pm today - worn out.

Friday night both the girls had sleepovers. They were away 'til 1pm on Saturday.

So I rode my bike Friday night. Then went and had a massage. And watched Survivor all by my lonesome. Saturday morning I had my running group - Boulder Striders. I run with them every spring to train for the Bolder Boulder and tune up for triathlon season. They are all hard core runners. It's hard for me to keep up. Lots of miles at a very fast pace :-)

I picked up both girls in the afternoon and Megan sprang a surprise school project on me. We had to do some visual aids on Puerto Rico. We ended up doing a topo map and a clay model of Christopher Columbus. It was a little stressful but we got there in the end.

Saturday night we went out to China Gourmet for dinner. Mongolian Beef, Cashew Shrimp and Sesame Chicken. It was good. Then we came home and had a slumber party in my room. We caught up on Glee. Then they watched a few other things while I crashed.

We all went to church this morning. Megan and I go early for the first sevice and junior high group. Then I go home and pick up Chloe to bring her back for the senior high group during the second service. Juggling it all. Chloe found out that her leader (Thomas Milburn) is quitting in August to move on to something else. She was a little bummed about that. It's the second time that's happened. Bobby and Joy left and now Thomas.

We also had a meeting after Church about a senior high missions trip to Tecate Mexico to build houses. Chloe is really interested in going and I'm encouraging her. It looks like a great opportunity. It's for a week on June 5th. The cost is $400. We have to come up with $200 and then the students have to raise an additional $200 in support.

Normal nacho dinner tonight. And watched an episode of Chuck. That's a fun show. Now we are cozied in bed and watching The Jazz Singer w/Neil Diamond.

That's about it for now!

Luv u,

Jeff

No comments: