Sunday, December 20, 2009

Weekly Email

Hi Mom,

What to report on this week?

I guess the biggest news is that I finally got my car back on Thursday night after 3 long weeks of riding the bus.  Unfortunately - it doesn't feel like it's quite right.  It looks great, it drives pretty good, but there is a vibration at slow speeds especially when reversing.  So...  I have to call the shop tomorrow and see what I need to do.  I guess take it back in.  But I really don't want to do without it again.

I am off next week.  Looking forward to just relaxing, hanging out around the house, doing fun things with the girls, finishing up Christmas and building up to Friday.

I am playing at the Christmas eve services (5pm and 7pm) on Thursday.  Theresa and Megan will also be doing an all ages reading with a few other folks too.  I think we'll have practice on Wednesday night.

Theresa is planning to go to girls night out on Tuesday. Wednesday night music practice.  Thursday night Christmas eve services.  Friday Christmas!

Chloe wrapped finals week on Thursday and didn't have to go to school on Friday.  Megan finished on Friday.  Both girls had sleepovers on Friday night.

So, Theresa and I got to go out on a fancy date.  We went to Jax's Fish House - a fancy schmancy place.  We had a $60 gift certificate - and ended up spending an additional $66 on top of that.  $120 for two for dinner - crazy!!!!  The chef - Hosea Rosenberg - won Bravo TV's Season 5 TOP CHEF.

Chloe had a mixed bag in finals.  I think we have all learned what 9th grade is like now and we'll just move forward to the second semester and keep trying our best.

Megan didn't really have any finals.  She did have some tests that last week and then spent a lot of time an energy at Beauty and the Beast musical practice.  She also had band concert on Tuesday night that went well.



Megan has said she wants to go skiing over Christmas break sometime.  Not sure when we'll make it up to ski or where we'll go - Eldora probably.  I guess Steve and family are coming out to Vail in January to ski.  I'd like to go up for a day and ski with him/them.  Not sure if I can swing it though.  I've been looking for discount lift tickets.  Haven'

I did apply for a new position at work.  A Director of Operations on the business side.  I wasn't sure I wanted it but it was good to go through the experience and learn a little more about myself and the Intrado process.  I had interviews on Thursday and Friday.  And then got word late Friday afternoon that I didn't make the cut.  But that's okay :-)

Church was good today.  Tom looked at Mary's story in Luke 1.  After church I took the dog out for a run and gave him a bath afterwards.  He needed it badly.  I took a hot tub afterwards.  I think my hot tub is leaking.  I guess I need to call the spa service people tomorrow and have them take a look.

The fridge in the garage also seems to have sprung a leak too.  I pulled it out and tightened every thing.  It might have slowed the leak a little.  We also have a few mice in the garage.  I set 4 traps last night and killed one by this morning!  The joys of being a homeowner.

Well - that's all I can think of for now.  Have a great week.

Luv u,

Jeff

No comments: