Sunday, December 6, 2009

Weekly Email

Hi Mom,

First week back after a great Thanksgiving week!

We had such a great time being with everybody, playing games, watching movies, football games, basketball games, shopping, eating... it was a wonderful week. Thanks Julie for being a wonderful hostess. Mom and Dad for driving out and paying for so many meals and activities.

Can't believe Christmas is right around the corner. We started decorating this weekend. Just barely managed to get the outside angels up. We've had quite a bit of snow starting on Wednesday morning and some more throughout the day today. There was a slight break yesterday so I brushed the snow off the roof and let it melt some by late afternoon to climb up and hang the angels. That's all we could manage on the outside - the icicle lights will have to wait a bit. The tree is up but still needs to be decorated, the nativity scene, garland/lights/soldiers up the banister and garland/lights and wreath above the fireplace.



We had to move Dot's couch out of the front room to make room for the tree. He is not happy. At first he protested by lying in the middle of the living room where I was trying to set up the tree. Then he refused to get on the couch because it was in the family room. But finally he gave in and is sacked out - on his own personal couch.

Wednesday's snow was no fun for me. I crashed my new car into a curb on my way to the pool at 5:30am in the morning. Trying to take a 90-degree turn to fast and didn't make the turn at all. Folded the front left wheel under and dinged the front left quarter-panel. Undrivable :-( I did manage to get it into a parking spot at the rec center and got a ride to work. I sorted out the insurance and tow truck. So far I have the quote for body work ($1400) and am waiting for the quote for the mechanical work. At this point it doesn't matter what it is. My deductible is $1000 so I'm in it for that - Merry Christmas. It'll probably be 2 or 3 weeks before I get my car back.

The rest of the was pretty standard, normal stuff :-) BSF on Monday. Megan hip-hop dance and Theresa girls night out on Tuesday. Theresa W2W brunch and Chloe youth group on Wednesday. Chloe sleepover at the church on Friday. We did have fun with a family game night last night. We played a dice game and a card game. Today was church, Chloe babysitting and Megan youth group tonight, etc etc etc. We've spent plenty of time shoveling out too. Today we shoveled and walk the dog and then I checked on the hot tub. I think I might have a leak :-( It was half-full and the pump/heater shut off (because the water level was too low). Temperature down to 49F.



Megan tried out Wednesday for the school musical, Beauty and the Beast. She is going for the Mrs. Potts part. She had to sing a song and run some lines. She should find out on Monday if she made it or not.

Whew - that's all I can think of. It's past my bedtime :-) Good night!

luv u,

Jeff

No comments: