Sunday, August 16, 2009

Weekly Update - 08/16/09

Hi Mom,

Oops - I skipped last week. I was so beat from my triathlon I couldn't do much of anything but lie on the couch. I'm just now recovering :-)

I was happy with my results. My goal time was 4:40:00 and I ended up doing 4:48:05 - not gonna complain about 8 mins. I was 8th in my age group and 101 overall. I'm glad to be done now though. I haven't done anything all week. Sleeping in and eating lunches instead of swimming and running and biking. I could get used to that. I'm gonna take one more week off. I'm working on healing up my foot. Lots of stretching and massaging. I might need to go see the sports physical therapist and figure out what else to do. Just laying off running for a while should help too. I had a massage on Friday and that made a difference too.

This week has been another busy week at work. The canada project kicks off in full force starting tomorrow - a bunch of people on-site at a datacenter in Canada. I had to spend all all last week prepping and getting our vendor all the docs and stuff they needed to get started tomorrow.

We also had a 'happy hour' gathering with my Leadership Development Program (LDP) classmates. It was just a casual social time to get to know everyone a little better. We went to Buffalo Wild Wings. Two of our teammates had been to that DiscoverU leadership class in Houston the week before. I'm scheduled to go at the end of the month. I'm a little anxious about it. Not sure about the methods they use for 'self discovery' and also the spiritual aspect of it. They can tend to get a bit new age'y at these things. I'm trying to be open minded about it though.

I had music practice on Thursday night. I always look forward to that. We started our new service this Sunday at 9am called The Gathering. So we had to play twice this morning. It went really well. There were about 120 people there for the inaugural service.

Most of this weekend has been devoted to PAINTING. Chloe's room - pepto pink. Friday night prep work - tapeing and laying paper and drop clothes. Theresa was out all day Saturday at a W2W leadership mtg. So it was just the girls and I for the day. They were helpful. They rolled most of the walls. I did the cutting in and the detail work. Pretty much got it all done in one day. I even had time to mow the grass afterwards. Fun Fun Fun. I was beat last night. We just ordered pizza and I was out. We started out watching Titantic together with the girls. They finished it but I couldn't make it - 3hrs long I think.

Megan played with Whitney this afternoon and Chloe went over to Natalie's. So Theresa and I went out to eat lunch at Daphne's Greek resaraunt for Gyros, washed my my car at puddle car wash and then made a run to home depot for a few supplies.

Then home to spay the closet. I bought a paint sprayer a while back to stain the fence with. So I tried it out in the closet. Taped off the triim, covered the floor with a drop cloth and hung a plastic sheet over the doorway and went crazy. It did a pretty good job in fairly short order. I was covered with a white dusting of paing all over. I probably should of had mask - I'm sure my lungs are a little white and gummy right now. Theresa did finally come and check on me to see if I was still alive and brought me a bandana to cover my mouth and nose with.

I took most of the tape off tonight but it's not all back together yet. I still have to paint the doors and put all the hardware back on.

I taped the PGA and watched it back on fast forward earlier this evening. Can't believe Tiger didn't win. He kinda fell apart like his competition usually does. Wow. Good for YE Yang.

Popcorn dinner and a cheesy movie on-demand right now.

One more day 'til school starts. Yikes. Chloe has volleyball tryouts tomorrow. I think she's a little nervous about it. She has to be able to serve it overhand successfully and she's struggling with it. She doesn't want to be on the 'b' team :-(

Well enough rambling for tonight. Time to crawl into bed (maybe after some ice cream).

Luv u,

Jeff

No comments: