Sunday, August 2, 2009

Cars and other ramblings


Well the big news in the Jeff Sherard household is - we have a new car - a 2009 Subaru Outback. Finally decided to upgrade the jeep after 17 years and 116,000 miles. Spent most of the day yesterday sorting that out. I'm worn out now. Car shopping is a big deal for us since we only do it every decade or so :-) We did end up keeping the jeep for now. I think I can sell for more than they offered us. We took everything out of it yesterday thinking it was going to be scrapped. I think I'll just sell all the stuff I took out seperately. Premium Sound System and speakers, center console, trunk/lock box, lift/winch for hard top removal. I figured I have about $700 in accessories alone + I'm hoping for between $3K and $4K for the jeep itself.

Had a busy week at work. We are working on doing some 9-1-1 work up in Canada that is brand new business for us and requires building everything in Canada from scratch - with an 8-week deadline. It's causing some stress needless to say.

I also kicked off my Leadership Development Program (LDP) on last week with the graduation of last years class and the induction of our 2009 class. It was pretty impressive. They had all the executives there giving there weight and importance to the event. And then a bunch of the folks we partner with were there to introduce the program (University of Denver, Daniels Business School, Regis University, Executive Coach for 1:1 mentoring, etc.) I'm looking forward to the year. I head to Houston at the end of this month for the first course work - DiscoverU.

My last triathlon of the season is next Sunday - 5430 Half Ironman. I think I'm pretty fit and ready. I also know I'm pretty ready for a break after that. I have to get my foot sorted out. Running for 15 miles on it is no cake walk - ouch.

We're ramping up for school. Getting schedules sorted out. Buying school supplies. Clothes shopping. It feels like it's too soon. I can't believe it's August already. I'm just getting into the slower pace of summer. Being a 6th grader and a 9th grading is stressing me out. I'm not sure I/Theresa/We/Chloe/Megan can handle the work load and are up to the challenge - yet. We'll get there. But can I really do 9th grade math anymore? I have a feeling I'll be learning right along with Chloe :-)

Normal weekly activities. Megan had youth group on Sunday (and I think is headed out there tonight too). Chloe was off because the kids went houseboating and Chloe chose not to go. Tuesday night Theresa had girls night out. Thursday night I did the stroke and stride out at the Bolder res. Friday night I went over to the church to help some guys paint the fellowship hall. saturday morning bike ride. then car shopping. church today. getting ready to head back over for a farewell lunch for Bobby and Joy Orf (Theresa watching Padraig on Tuesdays). They are heading to Ireland for misson work.

We were painting the fellowship hall because they are getting ready to add a new service next week. It will be a contemporary service at 9:00am on Sundays in the fellowship hall going on at the same time as the traditional service. They will have live muscians for the worship time. Then Tom will preach in the Sanctuary and the will simulcast it on video in the fellowship hall. It should be pretty cool.

I will post some pics of the new car on the Ceiva. I'm also thinking about using a blog for this weekly update instead of email. It might be easier to 'share' it. I usually copy Steve & Julie and Charlie too. Do you guys think you could figure out a blog???

Speak to you soon.

Love u,

Jeff

No comments: