Sunday, October 21, 2012

Weekly Update

Hi Mom & Dad,

We've had a pleasant enough week and a pretty lazy weekend.  Dad called me yesterday in the middle of helping a friend with his ham radio tower.  He needed to pull some new coaxial cable of the middle of the tower (90ft) and it was a two man job.  I think that took just over an hour.  I got to climb to the top of the tower just for fun when we finished up the real job.  Then we headed into Longmont to grab some lunch at a local pub (my friend is British - he had a pot pie).  It was harder climbing to the top than I thought.  I was a little worn out after the activity and food - so I came home and napped.

Megan babysat last night from 6-9pm and made $32.  She is really saving hard for a new Mac laptop.  With cheer and school she doesn't get the opportunity to babysit that much.  So, it was good timing last night.

Theresa and I just stayed home and cozied in.  We watch the second episode of a new series that we've been enjoying - Nashville w/Connie Britton.  We really like her as an actress.  She was in one of my favorite series - Friday Night Lights.

Theresa had to work today at church.  It was just Megan and I in the 9am service.  Tom is preaching through Philippians - it's good.  Today was Philippians 2:14,15 - be lights to the world.  They are also pushing our new 'Next Steps' building fund a little.  $4.2m to build a new church facility in Erie, CO.  They are meeting in the Erie High School right now.  Hopefully then can break ground early next spring.  Pastor Tom also mentioned the election a little and prayed for the country.

It was a beautiful day today.  I walked Dots straight away after church and Megan got to some homework and test prep.  Theresa came home around 12N and we hot dogs for lunch.  I got out for a really nice bike ride this afternoon.  Megan and Theresa put up halloween decorations.  Then Megan and I made a quick trip to the music store for new picks for both of our guitars.  We looked around at everything - Megan thinks she would like to learn how to play the banjo too.

Chloe is doing well.  We talked to her on Thursday this week because they had a fun house activity Wednesday night during our regularly scheduled call.  They also did a couple service activities this week at a local clothing closet.  She shared with us that she had been elected to the Student Leadership Council.  That's pretty good.  We do have a few concerns with her counselor.  Theresa and I haven't connected with her very well over the last few weeks.  And Chloe is concerned that they aren't working through more issues quickly.  Theresa and I are scheduling time to go to Independence Nov. 2-4 to do what they call a 'neutral site' visit (basically Chloe will spend one night with us in KC) in preparation for a home visit over thanksgiving.

 Quiet sports week for me.  Both MU Tigers and Denver Broncos have a bye week.  I don't care much about baseball.  Colorado and Kansas got killed.  Arizona finally got back in the win column. 

Glad to hear your GI stuff is clearing up a little.  Hopeful it isn't Crohn's disease.  You'd better get that checked out.  All those medical and dental bills can add up.

That's about all I know.

Luv u,

Jeff



No comments: